Support Your Neurotherapy & Psychotherapy Treatments
We encourage you to use the following resources to enhance and support your or your child’s mental wellness progress.
- Dr. Jay has trained with Dr. Nicholas Dogris and Dr. Tiff Thompson since 2008. They both are active consultants to CIP on difficult cases. Their website is neurofieldneurotherapy.com
- The International Society for Neurofeedback Research (ISNR) offers resources on its website. Go to the ISNR website and click on Comprehensive Neurofeedback Bibliography. You can then select any topic listed (e.g. LENS, ADD, Depression, Anxiety, Brain Injury) to get peer-reviewed articles relevant to that topic.
- LENS Neurofeedback is a specialized type of neuromodulation developed by Dr. Len Ochs. This form of neurofeedback usually takes less time than traditional neurofeedback and does not require the intent of the client to work, making it especially useful in therapy with children. Dr. Ochs’ site is www.ochslabs.com.
- The day after your neurotherapy session, you will be requested to email your therapist to describe your observations (firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, and firstname.lastname@example.org).
Types of ADD & Anxiety/Depression
- Check out SPECT scans to see what they reveal about the six different types of ADD and the seven different types of anxiety and depression. Visit www.amenclinics.com for more information.
Brain Support Supplements
- Dr. Amen has developed a line of supplements designed to support the brains of individuals according to their SPECT scan findings or the questionnaires they have completed at CIP. These supplements are available at www.brainmd.com.
- The Amen Clinic will discount a SPECT scan by 10% if you tell them you are referred by the Center for Integrative Psychology. No commission is paid to the Center for Integrative Psychology by The Amen Clinic.
- Neurofield is an FDA-approved advanced Neurofeedback/neuromodulation technology designed to improve attention, decrease impulsivity, and develop flexible problem-solving skills.
- To see Neurofield at work click here.
IMAGO Marriage Counseling
- To find IMAGO marriage counselors, or to find IMAGO weekend workshops for couples or individuals, go to www.imagomichigan.org.
Dietary Brain Support
- Food is medicine. Understand how following these simple seven steps with food can help you balance your mood and optimize your life at www.radiantrecovery.com or the life of your child at www.littlesugaraddicts.com.